Reformation for Kenya
- “Reformation for Kenya” – A collection of papers I wrote, as a missionary in this great land of gospel challenge, gospel opportunity, gospel need and gospel grief. I hope that these papers will be of great help to would-be missionaries, “home churches”, mission supporters and ultimately believers of all kinds.
- Creation and Mathematics This article aims to give a short, non-technical beginner’s answer to the question, “what has Christianity got to do with Mathematics?”
- The Federal Vision And The Language Of Appearance: An essay examining some of the arguments used by proponents of the “Federal Vision” to argue that genuine New Covenant members can fall away.
- Creation or Evolution – Do We Have To Choose? (Dr. Denis Alexander) An extended review of Dr. Denis Alexander’s attempts to persuade evangelical Christians that they can embrace both Darwinism and Scripture. His Darwinian orthodoxy is impeccable. His handling of Scripture is disastrous.
- Clark Pinnock and the “Wider Hope” – salvation for the unevangelised? Clark Pinnock says that those who never hear the gospel can be saved – and that if we hold the historic view then we have wronged by God by limiting his kindness and love. How does he argue this, and how should we evaluate it?
- Conditional immortality – the hell which ends Historically, orthodox Bible teachers have taught with an impressive unanimity that hell is a place of unending, conscious punishment. Since the 20th century there has been a major challenge to this teaching amongst evangelicals. What do the teachers of a temporary hell say, and how should we weigh up their arguments?
- How many will be saved? Three “inclusivisms” evaluated Will more people be saved than lost? If so, how? This essay Biblically evaluates the arguments of three different classes of writers who have said “yes”.
- I have written a few tracts for spreading the good news or for teaching. You are free to re-use them for the same purpose. Follow this link.
Grace Magazine (Kenya)
- Issue 2010/1 – Love
- The magazine’s own website with articles from issues 1-4, is here
- Prosperity in Christ (2010/4) – the editorial from the “Health, Wealth and Prosperity”-themed issue.
- Should we expect to be rich and healthy? (2010/4) – in Kenya many preach that Christians are promised a good life: in this life.
- Love in the family: children (2010/4) – what are the duties of children, in promoting love in families?
- “Shepherds of God’s Flock” – June 2011 – read or download the whole issue, here
Other / Miscellaneous
- Can An Atheist Believe In Right And Wrong? The transcript of an apologetic talk given in summer 2008, examining the inconsistency between atheism and universal human assumptions about morality.
- A Higher Law?
Written during the British MPs’ expenses scandal in mid-2009, this brief article looks at the underlying issues and asks what is the root of the reason why people got so upset.
- The (consistent) atheist’s ten commandments
Thankfully, most atheists are not consistent with their starting premises… though others (Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot) have been more so.
Hosted on other websites
- A review of Dr. Denis Alexander’s “Creation or Evolution, Do We Have To Choose?” (creation.com – a separate review to the full-length one on this site)
- Can we be good without God? (creation.com)
- Viva la evolution? (creation.com) – a response to an article in “Third Way” magazine by Denis Alexander, promoting his book “Creation or Evolution – do we have to choose?”
- An atheist spat (creation.com) – reviewing lessons that creationists can learn from a recent atheist tiff (May 2011).
- I also post occasionally on UncommonDescent.com – an Intelligent Design blog – my author page.